Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Final Project

The final project and portfolio ... hmmm ... so far, I have honestly struggled a little. My middle name ought to be "procrastinator" since that is what I find I do best. When an assignment is due, far out schedule wise, I have a hard time working on it a little at a time. Instead, I find myself scrambling at the last minute the night or two before it's due trying to complete it all. So, because of that I haven't been as diligent at keeping up the way I should. I will say that what I have done I've enjoyed working on. It's relevant to what I want to do, I love the topic I've chosen (ants), and it's something that will help me in the future!

The portfolio is slightly a different story. I honestly am struggling to figure it all out. Relating what I've done in this class, project wise, to the standards, is difficult. Trying to figure out where they best fit and how applicable they'll be is challenging. Also, the definition of the standards, is that from the book or what we feel they represent? I guess I feel I'll need a little more guidance on the portfolio, but because I'm struggling to work on the project, I haven't looked at it enough to form proper questions.

Having fairly extensive homework in this class on top of these projects to work on makes things a little more tricky. I understand why we continue to have assignments but it's the balance between all of that and my four other classes. Talk about learning some management skills! :) However, I'm an A student so I have faith that I will get everything done, maybe it will just end up being in a stressful way. Perhaps I just need the added pressure to do my best work?!

No comments:

Post a Comment